UJC seeks an individual to join their growing fiscal management team.
- 1+ years of Accounts Payable and/or Payroll experience
- College degree or equivalent minimum requirement
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with accounting software (preferably FUND EZ)
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented, professional attitude and reliable
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Discreet, able to work with confidential material Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a small team
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
- Process over 150 checks monthly
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Petty Cash Maintenance
- 1099 Maintenance
- Collect, compile and enter payroll data
- Calculate and post payroll deductions
- Process payroll for review
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors
- Filing and archiving (requires some lifting and moving of file boxes)
- General clerical duties including copying and scanning
- Assist with other projects as needed
Salary commensurate with experience. Compensation includes a generous benefits package.
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , and put “Accounting Assistant” in the subject line. Due to the volume of responses, only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Urban Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Urban Justice Center serves New York City's most vulnerable residents through a combination of direct legal service, systemic advocacy, community education and political organizing. Our 11 Projects assist clients on numerous levels, from one-on-one legal advice in soup kitchens, to filing class action lawsuits to bring about systemic change, to pushing social justice legislation forward.