- Our Work
- Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project
- Corrections Accountability Project
- Community Development Project
- Domestic Violence Project
- Human Rights Project
- International Refugee Assistance Project
- Mental Health Project
- Peter Cicchino Youth Project
- Safety Net Project
- Street Vendor Project
- Sex Workers Project
- Veteran Advocacy Project
- Get Involved
- Resources / Reports
Payroll Specialist/HR Assistant
Job Short Description:
UJC seeks a full-time or part-time Payroll Specialist with knowledge of the Paycom Payroll and Human Resource Management System (HRIS) or other Payroll and HRIS systems.
Job Summary & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Paycom or other Payroll/HRIS system preferred
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and proficient in EXCEL.
- Experience with cloud services
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, work independently, meet deadlines, assess priorities, and take initiative.
- Strong organization skills
- Must be detail oriented.
- Very good to excellent writing skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues.
- Outgoing personality and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Thrives in a collaborate and diverse environment.
- Enthusiastic to contribute and develop an exciting and fun environment across our projects dedicated to social justice.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Accurately prepares, processes and reconciles semi-monthly payroll for 200+ employees using Paycom payroll system.
- Review and process expense reimbursement in payroll.
- Reconcile and submit retirement contributions.
- Prepares and customizes payroll reports as well as other reports as requested.
- Maintain employee records in Paycom; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; ensure accuracy of payroll data in Paycom.
- Input Personnel Action Forms into Paycom as they are received.
- Responsible for entire New Hire data entry in Paycom (entering employee information, sending new hire login information to new employees, I9 verification via E-Verify, file creation, background checks)
- Prepares new employee folders and provides administrative support.
- Possess knowledge and stay current on Payroll Compliance.
- Run, prepare, and upload monthly time off accruals report to Paycom.
- Serve as backup front desk receptionist as needed
- Assist Director of Administration and Office Services, Controller, HR Benefits Coordinator, and Chief Operating Officer with other duties as required
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. The Urban Justice Center offers a flexible work environment and a highly competitive benefits package that includes vacation, personal, and sick time; medical and dental coverage; vision and gym reimbursements; and a 401(k) plan.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume as a single .PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Payroll Specialist/HR Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of anticipated applications, we cannot respond to any unless selected for further consideration. The Urban Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, or marital status. People of color, LGBTIQ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Urban Justice Center serves New York City's most vulnerable residents through a combination of direct legal service, systemic advocacy, community education and political organizing. Our 12 Projects assist clients on numerous levels, from one-on-one legal advice in soup kitchens, to filing class action lawsuits to bring about systemic change, to pushing social justice legislation forward.